Noise from the bar

There is a bar in the street I reside in which, whenever Yanga and Simba play, fans make a lot of noise by shouting, laughing, whistling, clapping, yelling and some are even hooting. What legal action can I take to stop this? It seems whoever I approach supports one of these teams.
KM, Moshi

We are not surprised that whoever you approach supports these teams. Even the two writers working on this particular column, each one supports one of these teams. However, that does not help you!

The Environmental Management (Standards of Control of Noise and Vibration Pollution) Regulations, 2015 regulates the maximum level of noise permitted in a residential area which is 60 decibels from 6 am to 10 pm and 40 decibels from 10 pm to 6 am.

Noise exceeding that level can only be tolerated if it persists for few minutes which does not seem to be the case here. An occupier or owner of a bar who causes or allows emission of noise from his bar that is beyond the permissible noise level commits an offence. It is the duty of the occupier or the owner of the bar to ensure the noise emitted from his bar does not exceed the prescribed permissible noise level. An operator or occupier of a bar whose business is likely to emit noise in excess of the permissible noise level is required to apply to the Director of NEMC for a licence to emit the noise in excess of the permissible level. In granting the licence, NEMC will require the operator to install sound level meters at the premises and may provide maximum time after which there should be no noise beyond the levels provided for by law.

Based on the facts, you may report this to the environmental officer of the District Council, Municipal Council or City Council in the place you are residing. The Regulations vests powers on the environment officer to issue stop orders or protection orders against breaches of the Regulations.