With the recent rise in arbitration proceedings, FB Attorneys is at the forefront of responding to commercial and international legal disputes. Lawyers at FB Attorneys are involved in a wide range of arbitration proceedings before various tribunals in Africa, the Middle East, Europe, and Asia. The arbitrations involve a variety of legal issues including complex contractual disputes involving land, construction, mining, oil, and gas. Most recently a team of FB Attorneys was involved in arbitration of a multi-million dollar construction project at the LCIA.
FB Attorneys has extensive experience in international arbitration disputes. Our lawyers understand the complexity of the arbitration process as well as the nuances of international law. FB Attorneys aggressively protects its clients’ interests with effective legal representation. Throughout the process, the attorneys provide close counsel to their clients, keeping them well informed of all significant developments and advising them at every step of the dispute-resolution process.
Our experience in Dispute Resolution
- Our arbitration team has appeared and continues to do so in all the major arbitration centres around the world including the LCIA (London), ICC (Paris), SIAC (Singapore) and Dubai.
- Involved in a dispute in foreign courts on power purchasing agreement, dispute value USD 450M.
- Acting for a foreign company on a dispute on sovereign immunity vis a vis agreements entered between the state and the company.
- Acted for an multinational company on an insurance dispute of USD 35M with a foreign insurer based on CIF.
- Defending one of the world’s largest automobile companies on a claim of breach of contract, suit value USD 250M.
- Represented a foreign aircraft charterer in recovery proceedings against a local airline operator, dispute value USD 19M.
- Defending a leading telecom operator in a dispute over shareholding, dispute value USD 56M.
- Acted for a mining company in a dispute against a supplier on breach of contract, dispute value USD 23M.
- Defended a foreign company on winding up proceedings initiated in Tanzania over an unpaid debt.
- Recovery proceedings of bank debts amount to in excess of USD 50M.
- Dispute over terms of a power purchase agreement between a foreign supplier of power and the national utility company.
- IP team in litigation representing various international and national clients on disputes related to trademarks and copyright. At present our IP team handling disputes worth over USD 45M.
- Involved in cross border dispute on interpretation on satisfaction of condition precedents leading to a contractual breach, dispute value USD 115M.
- Land litigation team is handling disputes on title deed revocation, illegal transfer of titles, adverse possession, transmission of properties, land use change disputes, disputes cumulatively valued at USD 169M.
- Defending various hospitals in medical negligence claims.
- Representing various international airlines on passenger and cargo claims against them.
- Representing a supplier of power in a recovery dispute of USD 100M+.
- Acting for a cement manufacturer on a bi later agreement breach, dispute value USD 10M.
- Acted for a shipping line on shareholder dispute valued at USD 7M.
- Acting on a mobile frequency dispute valued at USD 77M.
- Acted for a foreign company on appeals before the Public Procurement Appeals Authority on a tender value at USD 202M.
- For tax and competition/anti trust litigation please see the relevant sections.
- Our litigation team has represented clients at proceedings before various regulatory authorities including the Energy and Water Regulatory Authority (EWURA), Surface and Marine Transport Regulatory Authority (SUMATRA), Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority (TCAA), Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA), Fair Competition Commission (FCC) amongst others.